Ayurveda is the system of medicine where apart from diagnose & treatment, imparts the knowledge about preparation of medicines.
Rasashastra and Bhaishajya kalpana stands as backbone of Ayurvedic medical science which deals with the preparation of medicaments & food necessary for healthcare. Department also deals with Ayurvedic pharmaceutics and pharmacology, where it explains in detail about manufacturing procedures of Ayurvedic medicines, their mode of actions and therapeutic uses.
The Department has well experienced enthusiastic teaching faculty. It has well established Departmental Museum, Teaching Pharmacy and Quality and Control laboratory and all essential practicals are carried out in the teaching pharmacy as per syllabus.
Varieties of drug specimens of mineral, plant and animal sources are maintained and displayed sequentially in the museum.
Informative pictorial charts are displayed which elaborates and explains detailing about concept of Metals, Minerals and different preparations
Models of traditional instruments [Yantra ,Musha and Koshti] are displayed which are regularly used for the demonstration purpose.
We have in house teaching pharmacy that manufactures unique classical and many other quality Ayurvedic formulations for our hospital use.
Quality and control Lab:
We have well equipped laboratory that imparts training in medicinal chemistry and also standardization of potent herbal and mineral formulations.
Department of Rasashastra and Bhaishajya Kalpana encompasses field identification of Minerals, Gems and Medicinal Plants. Collection, Processing and Storage of raw materials and prepared medicines.
Head Of the Department
She is currently working as professor & head in the department of Rasashastra and Bhaishajya Kalpana at Sharada Ayurveda medical college and hospital, Manguluru with teaching and practical experience of more than 13years. She is expertise in the hands on training in the field of pharmacy under the guidance of Dr. Siddhinandhan Mishra. She had her own pharmacy where she prepared many authentic classical ayurvedic formulations. She had more than 15yeras of clinical experience and also worked in maternity hospital for more than 5yrs
• 2005-Post graduated from prestigious S.D.M College of Ayurveda and Hospital,Udupi in the subject of Rasashastra and bhaishajya kalpana.
• 1994-Graduated from prestigious S.D.M College of Ayurveda and Hospital,Udupi which is one among the top 10 colleges in India.
Under her guidance, P N Panicker Souhruda Ayurveda Medical College, Kanhangad secured first prize in national expo on 2014-2015.
December 2019 till date – Professor at Sharada Ayurveda Medical College and Hospital, Mangaluru
June 2016- December 2018 – Professor at KMCT Ayurveda Medical College, Calicut
May 2011-June 2016 – Associate professor at P N Panicker Souhruda Ayurveda Medical College, Kanhangad
January 2011-May 2011 – Assistant professor P N Panicker Souhruda Ayurveda Medical College, Kanhangad
May 2006-December 2009 Assistant professor Karnataka Ayurveda medical college, Mangaluru
• Preparation of swarnamakshika bhasma and its clinical study in parinamashula.
He is currently working as assistant professor in the department of Rasashastra and Bhaishajya kalpana at Sharada Ayurveda medical college and hospital, Mangaluru. He is expertised in unique and unexplored metallic and herbal preparations under renowned alchemist Dr Gopikrishna Maddikera. He has immense knowledge in identification of various gems, metals & minerals. He has developed special practice of Ayurveda applying the Jyotishya shastra, Acupressure and Reiki. Presently he is also guiding force for operations in Sharada Ayurveda Pharmacy for the preparation of quality formulations. His way of approach is by imparting practical knowledge with deep classical touch related to Rasashastra and Bhaishajya kalpana.
• 2019-Post graduated from Taranath govt ayurvedic medical college, ballari in the subject of Rasashastra and Bhaishajya kalpana with “University third rank”
• 2016- Graduated from prestigious S.D.M College of Ayurveda and Hospital,Udupi which is one among the top 10 colleges in India.
• Secured 3rd Rank in M.D. Rasashastra and Bhaishajya kalpana from RGUHS in 2019
• Secured 3rd Rank in Rasashastra and Bhaishajya kalpana in First year M.D. RGUHS in 2017
• Currently working as Assistant professor at Sharada Ayurveda Medical College and Hospital, mangaluru in the department of Rasashastra and Bhaishajya kalpana.
• Worked as a Resident medical officer at Baliga hospital for 8 months and in City hospital for 3 months.
Have published 7 Research papers based on rasashastra and bhaishajya kalpana in peer reviewed research journals
1. AN AYURVEDIC POLYHERBAL FORMULATION MUKKMUKKADI VATI – A REVIEW, IAMJ July 2017, 2320 5091.
2. REVIEW ON A HERBO MINERAL DRUG – LAGHU SOOTSHEKARA RASA, WJPR Jan 2019, 2277-7105.
3. MRUTYUNJAYA RASA – A REVIEW, IAMJ November 2018 2320 5091.
4. CLINICAL STUDY OF PARINATAKERI KSIRADI TAILA NASYA IN THE MANAGEMENT OF DISEASE AVABAHUKA, AAMJ May – june, 2018 2395-4159.
5. PHARMACEUTICO ANALYTICAL STUDY OF SHRI RAMABANA RASA, IAMJ Nov 2018, 2320 5091.
6. PHARMACEUTICO ANALYTICAL STUDY OF UDAYABHASKARA RASA, IAMJ January 2019, 2320 5091.
7. A COMPARATIVE CLINICAL STUDY ON EFFECT OF RAMABANA RASA AND UDAYABHASKARA RASA IN AMAVATA, AAMJ May – june 2018, 2395-4159.
• PHARMACEUTICO ANALYTICAL AND CLINICAL STUDY OF SURYAPRABHA GUTIKA WITH TWO DIFFERENT ANUPANAS ON TAMAKA SHWASA
• Worked as clinical researcher for 3 years under the guidance of Dr Madhav Diggavi, prof and HOD kayachikitsa and discovered the action of aja asthi bhasma, tuvaraka taila, paravata kalpa etc drugs