BAMS – Bachelor of Ayurvedic Medicine and Surgery offers the students an integrated pattern of syllabus, which covers traditional Ayurvedic system with relevant knowledge of contemporary sciences in stipulated duration of 5 ½ years inclusive of a compulsory clinical internship of 1 year.
Firstly, each graduate is eligible to practice independently as a Physician and Consultant by establishing his/her independent clinical establishment.
Other popular employment areas for BAMS professionals include both Government and Private Hospitals, Panchakarma Centres, Wellness Centres, Clinical Research Institutes, Community Healthcare, Life Science related Industries, Pharmaceutical Industries, Nutraceuticals, etc.
- Candidates should have passed PUC (12th Standard) with Science with at least 50% marks in aggregate in the subjects of Physics, Chemistry and Biology. (40% marks for SC/ST/OBC) OR
- Any other equivalent qualification recognized by State Governments and State Education Boards concerned with the examinations
- Candidate must have qualified NEET from the same academic year of admission.
• The candidates are interviewed to determine the aptitude for taking up the degree and are selected on the basis of their performance in the interview and their PUC ranking.
• The candidate should be 17 years of age (minimum) as on 31st December in the year of admission.
For out of the state students
Students of other state should attach an eligibility certificate from Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences, Bangalore, along with the application.
Eligibility : 50% marks in Physics, Chemistry, Biology for GM/SC/ST/OBC.
For foreign students
A foreign national seeking admission should enclose the following certificates with the application:
• An eligibility certificate from Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences, Bengaluru.
• No objection certificate from Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences, Bengaluru, in case of candidates having other qualification not mentioned in the prospectus as the equivalent of Karnataka State P.U.C Examination.
• A clearance certificate obtained from Ministry of Human Resources Development, Government of India, New Delhi.
• A regular student should produce Visa/ Long Term Visa (for further details, they are required to refer to the Memorandum No. A1/FR/51(86) dated 1-4-1986, issued by the office of the DG (Intelligence), Bengaluru).
• Need to produce a copy of medical screening.
Follow these steps to get Admission for BAMS course
Fill in all the correct details asked in the application form carefully
Attach the required documents
Payment of the application fee shall be done via DD/ NEFT only
Submit the filled-in application form along with the enclosures to the Admission Office.
Following documents should be submitted alongwith the application form
• SSLC/Equivalent examination marks card
• PUC/Equivalent examination marks card (with science subjects)
• Transfer Certificate
• Four Passport size and Four Stamp size photographs
• Physical Fitness Certificate issued by the Medical Officer (including Ayurvedic Physician) not below the rank of Assistant Surgeon
• Migration Certificate issued by the university in case of candidate coming from outside the State of Karnataka (during the time of admission)
Postal address and bank details
Sharada Ayurveda Medical College & Hospital
Sharada Ayurdhama Campus,
Devinagar, Talapady, Mangalore– 575023
Phone No : 6363147355, 8431968014
Bank Account Details
Account Holder Name: Sharada Ayurveda Medical College & Hospital
Account No.: 6992500100539701, IFSC Code: KARB0000699
Bank: KARNATAKA BANK, Branch Name: UCHILA
- DD should be drawn in favor of
Sharada Ayurveda Medical College & Hospital payable at Mangalore.